FAQS ABOUT LAPTOP BATTERY
1. What is the Battery?
In science and technology, a battery is a device that stores energy and provides it in electrical form. It converts chemical energy into electrical energy that produces electrical current when connected in a circuit. The finished battery is an electrically connected battery pack (series connected) that stores charge and provides direct current (DC). We usually refer to the finished battery as a battery pack and the unfinished battery as a battery.
2. How long should my new battery charge before I use it for the first time?
In order to reach maximum capacity when used initially, the battery may need to be fully charged. Most batteries automatically stop charging when fully charged, so don’t worry about battery overcharge.
1) When charging a new battery, it should be charged continuously for 12 hours.
2) Fully charged and discharged. Cycle three times to wake up the new battery.
3. How to prolong the lifetime of battery?
1) Regular charge and discharge; if you do not use the computer for a long time (more than 1 month) or find that the battery charge and discharge time becomes shorter, the battery should be fully discharged and charged, usually at least once a month.
2) It is best to turn off the computer while charging, and do not unplug the power during charging.
3) Avoid erroneous usage of battery, such as artificial shocks, heavy pressure, disassembly, fall off, heat or short circuit.
4) If the battery is discharged, please recharge it within two days. Otherwise, the battery may be damaged and may not be charged.
5) The battery should be used frequently. It is recommended to use it at least once every two months to achieve the best battery performance. Discharge first to 3% and then recharge it.
6) When the battery is old and the performance is invalid, it is usually two years. Please remove the battery from the computer and do not install it on the computer to avoid the danger of explosion.
7) If the battery is to be stored for a long period of time and is not used for a long time, you must first charge the battery to 50% or more. Never store the battery for less than 50% for a long time. Otherwise, the battery may be damaged and may not be charged.
4. What should you pay attention to when using the battery?
1) Turn off the computer while charging, and do not unplug the power while charging.
2) When the battery is in normal operation, if the battery discharges as low as 3%, you must turn off the computer or recharge it. It is strictly forbidden to discharge the battery to 0%. In this way, the battery is easily damaged and accelerated.
3) Avoid erroneous usage of battery, such as artificial shocks, heavy pressure, disassembly, fall off, heat or short circuit.
4) To charge with a dedicated device.
5) Try to avoid using the battery in an environment where the temperature is too high or too low.
5. Is the battery problematic if the new battery cannot be charged?
Usually not, when the device is charging the battery for the first time, the voltage and current instability may cause the battery to charge halfway (sometimes more, sometimes less), and the device stops charging the battery. If this happens, don’t worry, just take the battery out of the device and recharge it.
6. How long does it take to fully activate the new battery?
We recommend that you charge for not less than 12 hours for the first time and no less than 5 hours for your laptop battery.
7. How to charge your new battery?
Normally the new battery is not fully charged and must be recharged before use. After starting to use a new battery or the battery has not been used for a period of time, the battery needs three to four cycles of charging and discharging to achieve the highest efficiency.
Sometimes when the new battery is charged for the first time (after charging for 10-15 minutes), the device indicator light indicates that the battery is fully charged. In this case, the “rechargeable battery” is normal, just remove the battery from the device and recharge it.
The most important thing is to completely discharge and charge every other month. The easiest way to discharge is to turn the device on with the battery until you run out of battery power, then charge the battery according to the device manual.
If you do not use the battery for more than one month, it is recommended that you remove the battery from the device and store it in a dry, cool place. When charging and discharging, the temperature of the battery will rise, which is normal. If the fully charged battery is placed for a period of time, the battery will naturally discharge, so the battery needs to be recharged after it has been stored for a while. When using the notebook for the first time, please discharge it to 3% and recharge it.
8. Know About Laptop Batteries.
The most recent laptops use lithium-ion batteries. Generally, the life of a laptop battery is two to five hours, but if the laptop is being used very extensively, life may get reduced to as little as one hour. The chemicals that are used inside the battery usually degenerate when the life of the battery drops. It then needs to be replaced. Lithium-ion laptop batteries can live long for one to five years. It depends greatly on the extent to which it is used.
1. Can I charge the HTJ battery with my original battery charger?
All of our batteries can be charged by the original battery chargers. On the other hand, our battery chargers can charge the OEM batteries.
2. Why is there a runtime difference compared to the original battery?
All of our batteries are made of high-quality cells, which may not be the same as the original battery materials. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best quality and high-performance batteries. We have adjusted the internal resistance of the battery to make it more stable and reliable. Therefore, our battery will be a little different when compared to OEM batteries.
3. What is the warranty on HTJ products?
All our products carry a one year warranty covering any manufacturer defects. The defects product will be replaced free of charge during the warranty period. When warranty service is required, the warranty card must be presented along with the official purchase receipt, which shows the date of purchase.
FAQS ABOUT WIRELESS CHARGERS
Part I. Product Usage：
1. Why can’t wireless charger be used for long distance charging?
Before the theoretical breakthrough of wireless charging technology, the use of tightly coupled electromagnetic induction technology to achieve isolated energy transfer, so the transmission distance must be less than 1/10 of the diameter of the coil. Therefore, in the case where the current wireless charging system has a coil diameter of 50 mm, the optimum distance between the transmitting and receiving coils is within 5 mm.
2. Why take the receiving patch test on the market, charging is unstable, slow, stop charging?
These receiving patches do not meet the requirements of the Qi certification, so there will be problems in matching, signal, efficiency and other aspects. HTJ’s products are Qi-certified transmitter products, so when testing, please use the Qi-certified receiver for testing, so that it has a reference.
3. Why use a Qi-certified mobile phone test such as iPhone/Galaxy, charging is slow or interrupted?
1)Please confirm whether the mobile phone is placed in the right position of the launching base. The long pad is suitable for most models. The small round pad generally needs to be aligned with the center of the back of the mobile phone (iPhone X). For other mobile phones, please refer to the manual for the special design.
2)Please confirm whether the LED light of the wireless charger on the USB head is flashing when charging. If there is flashing, the power supply (adapter, USB device) voltage is low, and the wireless charger is actively limiting the current in order to protect the power supply.
3)Please confirm that the power supply has obtained the power supply certification such as 3C, because the bad power supply will seriously interfere with the communication signal of Qi wireless charger, so that the wireless charger cannot receive the information sent by the mobile phone. According to the Qi specification, the wireless charger should stop charging within 2 seconds.
4. What kind of output power is the fast charge (other than 9V)? What are the models of mobile phones that support fast charging?
1)For the time being, only Samsung mobile phones support wireless fast charging, and iPhone X mobile phones will be released after the software upgrade.
2)Mobile phone models that support wireless fast charging are Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 Edge Plus / S7 / S7 Edge /, S8 / S8 Plus / Note 8.
Part II. Safety performance：
1. HTJ’s wireless charger cable is so slim, no problem?
1)AWG23 cable is used inside the cable, and there is no obvious heat through 2A current.
2)The cable has passed the national standard swing, pull and twist test, and life is reliable.
3)The cable has the flame retardant properties of UL94-V0, so there is no further combustion in the fire.
2. Why is the wireless charger USB head so hot, will it be a problem?
1)The USB head of our product integrates the wireless charger circuit board, so the heat of wireless charger is transferred to the USB head part, so there is no temperature in the wireless charger area, and there is no safety accident caused by the failure of the circuit board.
2)Wireless charger USB surface temperature is up to 50-60 ° C, although the human hand feels very hot, the use of industrial-grade electronic components and plastic shell, will not cause security problems.
Part III. Technical：
1. What is the optimal distance for wireless transmission and reception? What is the difference in conversion rates at different distances?
If the default thickness of the product case is less than 1.5mm, the default thickness of the phone case is 1mm, so the allowable phone case thickness is 2.5mm. Beyond this value, for every 1 mm increase, the efficiency needs to be multiplied by 0.9, that is, if the pitch reaches 10 mm, the efficiency is only 60% at 5 mm.
2. Why can’t wireless charger be used for long distance charging?
1)Before the theoretical breakthrough of wireless charger technology, the use of tightly coupled electromagnetic induction technology to achieve isolated energy transfer, so the transmission distance must be less than 1/10 of the diameter of the coil. Therefore, in the case where the current wireless charger system has a coil diameter of 50 mm, the optimum distance between the transmitting and receiving coils is within 5 mm.
2)For the charging scheme using the principle of magnetic resonance, it can realize charging at a longer distance, such as 50~100mm, but there are problems such as low efficiency and high heat generation.
3. The input power is 5V 2A, the output power is 5V 1A, why can the conversion rate reach 80% instead of 50%?
1)2A, 2.1A or 2.4A is the specification of the conventional sales adapter. Actually, the wireless charger only needs 1.3-1.4A input current when outputting 1A, but it is difficult for the customer to purchase the nominal 1.5A adapter. Moreover, when some mobile phones require a wireless charger receiver output of 1.5A, the adapter is required to provide 2A of the input current. Therefore, 2A is selected as a specification for compatibility and convenience.
2)The 80% efficiency is deducted from the cable loss. The loss of the cable changes with the output power, and the effect on the overall efficiency is a curve, so the efficiency needs to be deducted when calculating the efficiency.
4. Protective function
1)Overcurrent protection: Our products continuously monitor the current. When the current exceeds a certain limit (1.8A), the output is turned off, which can effectively protect the circuit from overcurrent and load short circuit and prevent damage to the charger and the device being charged.
2)FOD: Our products have a foreign object detection function. When a metal object is detected, it will stop supplying power when it falls on the charger plate, thus avoiding heating the metal object and preventing the temperature of the foreign metal from being too high to burn the device.
3)Undervoltage protection: Our products have undervoltage protection. When the output voltage of the adapter is detected to be too low (less than 4.8V), the output will be stopped, which will prevent the undervoltage damage of the adapter and prevent the inferior adapters on the market from being used in our products. It also avoids problems such as unstable charging and burning of the mobile phone due to the failure of the adapter.
4)Overvoltage protection: When the measured voltage exceeds 24V, the USB head circuit of our product will be damaged, but it will not damage the mobile phone.
5)Over temperature protection: When the USB temperature exceeds the preset high-temperature threshold, the wireless charger automatically turn down the power to protect the device; until the temperature drops to the safe threshold, the wireless charger will be restarted. The indicator light will double flash when over temperature protection.